- found some opened seed packets, lined up her play dishes and poured the seeds into the cups
- spread out baby wipes on the counter, grabbed the salt and pepper shakers and poured their contents onto the wipes
- marched into the bathroom with my big yellow rubber gloves, her stool and a baby wipe and announced that she was going to clean the counters. She proceeded to do so along with wiping down many other household surfaces
- climbed up on her parents' bed with a collection of stuffed animals in her arms. Sang and bounced for awhile. Made a giant pile of all the pillows on the bed along with said animals.
- made a pleasing stack of diapers and envelopes in the middle of the hallway
- "helped" me make the bed, do the laundry and other household chores
- when outside, used her shovel to fill her little red bucket with mud, leaves and debris (several times)
- after lunch made a stack of her empty dishes and drink cup, completed by her napkin wrapped around the ensemble
- gathered her play dishes and stood at the sink pouring water from one dish to another
- supervised the making of dinner. When allowed to help pour ingredients into the bowl, exclaimed "Oh! I'm getting busy!"
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Oh, What a Busy Day
I don't know if other two year olds ever get bored, but I've yet to see Katya unoccupied for more than a few seconds. One day this week, I kept a list of the "tasks" I noticed she was absorbed in as the day went by. I know there were lots more things she did, but these are some of them. She...