Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Color Feast

The sun is breaking over the horizon just a little earlier each morning and at midday it sits higher in the sky than it did a couple months ago.  The buds on the trees are swelling and some of the tulips are up...but it's not spring yet.  The colors of the land are still gray and a light bleached brown.  The green of spring isn't here yet. 
I'm longing for flowers blooming!  I want to luxuriate in color.


































I could go on.  All of the above pictures are from Annie's Annuals, a nursery specializing in hard to find annuals and perennials based in the San Francisco area.  A year ago, I stumbled on their website and was transfixed for some heavenly moments.  The slideshows on their website are stunning.  I did not order anything from them, but through the wonders of computer cookies, they found me at our present address and sent me not one, but two catalogues this year. 

2 comments:

Dana said...

Oh, what a feast for the eyes!

~Michelle~ said...

Luxuriate in color indeed! I've been to Annie's Annuals, it is really neat to see so many varieties. It is like a plant candy store!