Thursday, March 28, 2013

Worm Birthday

When I first asked T what kind of theme he wanted for his 5th birthday, he couldn't decide between octopus and race cars.  I gave him a few days to think about it, and the next time I asked, he was sure he wanted a worm birthday.  Hmm.  I wasn't sure how to pull that one off, but after some research on Pinterest, I saw it could easily be done with gummy worms and "dirt" cupcakes.


I had a vague idea of using balloons to make a big worm decoration, but while at the craft store getting materials for K's birthday, I saw a package of long balloons for making into animal shapes.  These turned out to be great for worm decorations.  I blew them up, drew little faces and worm segment lines on them, placed them around the room-- and we had a wormy birthday.

 
 
Hard to believe my little boy is five.  There's something about a fifth birthday.  Now he launches from preschoolhood to boyhood.  But he's still my sweet boy--tender heart wrapped in boy energy.
 
 
 


1 comment:

Dana said...

Rena, both of these days are so creative, and full of such lovely touches! I especially love the glowing butterfly cake.