- Sitting with my face in the sun for the first time after a wet winter and feeling my insides unkink.
- Sunlight dappling through green leaves against blue sky.
- The way the sun streams in the front windows, warming up the house enough that the furnace stops kicking on even though it's a cold winter day.
- After a chilly walk, standing in a sheltered spot with the sun warming the back of my head, making my scalp feel massaged and lifted while I watch my nineteen month old daughter explore.
- Looking outside on a cloudy day and the sun breaks through. Suddenly, there is light and shadow and contrast as muted colors brighten.
- Feeling like there's a big smile in the sky when the sun comes out from behind clouds.
The sun has healing qualities for both body and soul. Without the sun there wouldn't be the infinite variety of light displays that come with each sunset and sunrise, before and after storms, as the seasons change, and so many other times. "Look at how the light is shining on the ..." exclaims a voice in my head. Sun is good.