Wednesday, July 02, 2008

A Few More Things to Remember

1. It was early morning and I wasn't sure that I heard T stirring, but I paused by his bed anyway to check on him. In the mostly-darkness he could see that I was standing there and began blowing bubbles as a greeting to me.

2. We were outside and T was squalling in my arms while I tried to get K to hurry up and go inside. She started to get upset when she had to leave her imaginary soup behind. I tried not to roll my eyes and told her to hurry up and get it. She ran back and "scooped" up the soup. She walked to the back door with her hands carefully cupped and was happy once more.

3. The blank stoic look on T's face after a car ride.

4. K's never had couscous before but likes eating it because it's such a fun word to say.

5. K watching B in the performance Hello, Dolly. She takes it all in. On the way home she is very quiet, but as soon as we get out of the car she sings her version of a phrase from the last song we heard: "1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3. Look! I am dancing!" This is her refrain for the next several days.

No comments: