Saturday, April 30, 2011

Tulip Love


I've been enjoying this year's crop of tulips.  Being late season bloomers, they were slow to come up and I was worried they'd be no-shows, but they have come through.


 Even a tulip heart is satisfying.


 It is interesting how different they look when brought inside.  This one was knocked over while still a green bud and when I brought it inside to put in a vase, I didn't think it would have the oomph to mature.  But it did, growing taller in its vase each day, and each day developing more color.  I liked the evening light on it:


I was a little disappointed with the Easter pictures, though.  I had been so hoping for a cute picture with bright tulips and Easter finery, but it didn't quite work out that way.  Easter morning started out beautiful, but by the time we got home from church, it was cloudy and very windy.  We still attempted a picture, but between the lousy light, T having a moment and refusing to look at the camera and K having a hard time keeping her eyes open and smiling while being buffeted by the breeze, it just didn't work well.  We had better luck indoors.

A few days ago I picked a bouquet for our table, and it's been lovely to have something like a rosy campfire as a centerpiece.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Three cheers for "late bloomers." :)