Sunday, May 05, 2013

On the Way to Church

1.  I'm combing T's hair and muttering about his cowlick that won't stay down.  When I'm done, he laughs and says, "I've got a quail's hat!"




2.  Waiting at an intersection for a bicyclist to go by before I turn.  I notice that though she's dressed like one, she doesn't strike me as being a typical Serious Biker.  She rides slowly, and I like the determined expression on her face.

3.  I do like country roads that wind through rolling hills.  There's a bit of farmland near us that gives that feel.  Today I enjoy driving the gentle curves, knowing from the heavy construction equipment parked on the shoulders that soon this road will give way to a housing development and won't be so fun or pretty to drive anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Love the fact that you still identify SBs! I see them every so often over here, too.

- Anonymous K