Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Fairy Birthday

K asked for a fairy themed birthday this year.  This was fun and fairly (: easy to put together.  I bought fairy mini figures and set them on a plastic grass and flower mat for a centerpiece.  I also picked up a mushroom on clearance at the craft store and stuck it in the middle of the display.  A purple tablecloth from the dollar store finished off the table decorations. 
 
 
I already had a collection of Cicely Mary Barker Flower Fairies stickers, so I attached those to small pieces of paper and hung them around the room. 
 
 
 
For a birthday cake I made mini-cupcakes which B kindly frosted for me while I dashed around getting everything else set up. 
 
 
 
K seemed thrilled with the results.  She is at an age where she loves *magical* things and this seemed to fit the bill.  As for me, I can hardly believe she's turned 9.  Her last year to turn a single digit.  Gulp.
 
 
 
 

No comments: