Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Photo Meme

This is a cute meme I saw over at Gathering Around the Table. Apparently it's one that has been making its way around the blogoshere with different variations for the numbers. What you do is:
  1. Go to the fourth folder where you keep your photos.
  2. Post the fourth picture in that file.
  3. Explain it and tag four more people to join in.
I thought I'd give it a try, but am instead changing it just slightly: Instead of 4, I chose two numbers--8 and 24. ( My birthday :) )
So here is my 8th picture from my 8th folder:
This picture was taken just after Katya's baptism. The blanket was to make a white backdrop behind her instead of the plaid couch, but it fell down around her head just as I started to take the picture. Katya had the funniest look on her face. She's always been one for giving good looks.

And the 24th picture from my 24th folder:


This was from a trip to Yellowstone. The turquoise water in the front is a hot spring, then the darker blue is a big lake. The hot springs were fascinating. The water was so clear and so hot with lots of interesting mineral formations. Then it was really strange to look out over this huge lake and see no boats, no people swimming. Just a few otters here and there.
Thanks, Inland Empire Girl for this trip down memory lane!
Anyone else who wants to is invited to join in!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet picture of your little one! I've never been to Yellowstone, but your picture really makes me want to go!