Saturday, April 04, 2009

Tableau

My dad gave us a desktop daily calendar with artwork for each day. I've had it sitting on the dining room table and each morning Katya asks "What picture is it today?" I tell her the title and she considers it while she eats her breakfast. At lunch, sometimes I make up a simple story to go with the picture and she looks for the details in the picture that I weave into the story. Some pictures lend themselves more easily to stories than others. Then she'll tell the story nearly verbatim to Brent at dinner.
Anyway, one day it happened to be this picture of St. Catherine at the same time we had some tulips on the table and I loved how the colors in the painting and the flowers went together, so I quick snapped a picture.

1 comment:

~Michelle~ said...

Very nice ~ the colors drew my eye too. Love the stories idea to go along with each picture, very creative!