Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spring, Part B

Yellow-green isn't my favorite color, but on a bleak early spring day, it's a welcome sign that the trees are waking up!  Since I took these pictures two days ago, the green is already today darker and more plentiful than in the picture. 


Last weekend I bought some pansies to brighten the front porch.  When the lady behind me in the checkout line saw the cheerful flowers bobbbing along on the checkout belt, she commented, "Just couldn't wait to start gardening, huh?"


No, I just couldn't.

And the daffodils and crocuses are blooming..



..and being counted.



Like I said earlier, even more are blooming than when I took these pictures yesterday.  That's the happily unfortunate thing with a sunny spring day--it makes your celebratory pictures become out of date by the end of a warm afternoon.

No comments: